You can bring healing resources to your community by starting a Finding Hope Support Group. Below is a list of things you need to do in order to start a group. Some things might take longer than others. Don’t get discouraged. The support, education, and healing you will find for yourself – and other survivors – is worth the effort.
We would also suggest the following:
- Determine in advance the way you will communicate with group members: We recommend creating a new email address that you only use for your support group or using a third-party app such as Band, Slack or a Facebook closed group.
- If your meeting will be conducted online please indicate meeting platform in the notes. Please do not include online meeting links, or private phone numbers.
- We recommend creating a new email address that you only use for your support group.
- If you want to recruit publicly, you can use the community flyer to post information about your group.
- Don’t get discouraged. These support groups often start small and build over time.